Sunday 22 January 2012

Lotte Reiniger

Whilst in the library looking at the animation DVDs I found a dvd that was a compilation of Lotte Reinigers animations, Reiniger animated silhouettes of characters which I thought I might find interesting as again it is using body movement to portray emotion I only saw two of the animations from Reiniger: "The Magic Horse" and "The Grasshopper and the Ant" I found both very interesting, the animation itself was good however for me it is more about the detail in this one, although they are silhouettes there is still a lot of detail in them and Reiniger does still manage to portray emotions very well by the use of movement.

                                                                The Magic Horse 
I especially like this one probably mostly due to the fact it has birds in it (I love birds) but it has a nice story and the animation is still quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment